A new custom transaction ( Z9027) was designed and developed to use when there is a need to change (prospectively and retroactively) the account assignment allocation for a salary or hourly employee’s funding distribution, to change an employee’s base pay salary, and to add/change AY summer school assignment wage types and funding. Z9027 will be used to enter both sponsored and non-sponsored payroll cost distribution for employees. Upon completion of the transaction, initiator releases for approval, which creates a pending record and triggers the workflow approval process. Payroll driver will not pick up 9027 until approved. Once the transaction is approved through workflow, it updates IT9027. When IT9027 is updated, they system will update IT0008 and IT0027 in the background with information from the updated IT9027. All validations must take place prior to kicking off any action. History is maintained with this transaction.
Three transactions available to users:
• Cost Redistribution
• Pay and Distribution
• Create Summer Pay
A separate set of self-approved transactions are available to Central Administration which will bypass workflow . This self-approved process will automatically update IT9027when saved. All self-approved transactions (cost, pay, summer school) will be in one folder available to Central Administration only.
The process begins at the department level in the employee’s employing department. The initiator begins the transaction Z9027 by entering an employee’s Personnel number and defining a period of time in the right panel of the transaction screen.
For each of Z9027 transaction , the process begins at the department level in the employee’s home department or charging fund center. Initiator and defining a period of time :
Here are some of screens for Z9027:
Base Pay tab
Base Pay – Defaults base pay information from employee’s existing IT9027 record. (1) IT9027 is a combination of base pay and labor distribution across cost centers. If the base pay is not correct, it must first before proceeding be changed through processing an ISR form requesting an HR action to change base pay. The ISR Initiator will receive a confirmation when the salary change transaction has been executed in SAP.
Changing Labor Distribution Tab
For salary employees, three tabs should appear – Base Pay, New Distribution, New Distribution Review. The New Distribution Review tab is for display only. The Base Pay tab will be used to change data when creating or modifying base pay; otherwise it is display only.
The this tab will be used to change data when creating or modifying funding distribution; otherwise it is display only.
Transaction should support the following requirements:
• Calculate difference between creation date and oldest “From” date to require a 60 days late explanation for sponsored funds
• Verify if fund exists.
• Check “From” and “To” dates from fund master data.
• For the duration of each distribution line, KFS account logic will be validated.
• Funding sources can be entered for different validity periods per salary pay record.
• Prevent more than one cost transfer transaction for an employee to be in process at the same time for the same validity period. All cost transfers must complete work flow and be approved before any overlapping transactions can be initiated.
• Verify by salary period that the total dollar amount in cost distribution is not greater than the base salary. If the total cost distribution amount is greater than the base pay, the system will give a error message and the user will be required to recalculate the funding distribution before the record can be saved.
• Verify that only wage types authorized for use on IT9027 are being used. (T512Z)
• User can use custom search help for KFS sub-account, sub-object code, project code and SAP will return a SAP FI object value from the z tables if Kuali integration is built.
• If an account has attributes with business logic must have access to the logic pool.
• Error messages: account closed; account does not accept salaries; account does not accept administrative salaries; retro period not accepted;
• Logic for validations of administrative salaries, summer school. The system will validate G/L account (derived from employee characteristics and wage types) and other account attributes to check for valid combinations to allow for posting.
• When depatrtmant uses sub accounts for cost sharing, fringes always remain on the main account.
For hourly, positive pay employees:
Initiator enters cost percentage for each time period (not dollar amount). Must total 100%. If the total cost distribution does not equal 100%, the system will give a error message and the user will be required to recalculate the funding distribution before the record can be saved.
Permissible accounts should not be deleted retroactively. Retroactive distribution changes must be entered in CATS by units after transaction is approved.
Original Data link – display data as it appeared before changes were requested -
Tabs: Original Base Pay (should be grayed out), Original Cost Distribution (initial default).
Explanation Notes link – three free text sections to insert explanation or comments as needed.
No resulting change link needed. Retro distribution changes must be entered in CATS.
Changing Cost Distribution tab contains no default departmental account.
Period Review Tab
Period Review – Defaults labor distribution from Changing Labor Distribution tab into unique periods. Each period is a page and each transaction can have multiple pages, but has a minimum of two pages. Any unsupported salary defaults as a line item charged to Default Cost Distribution (not shown on this screen).
A transaction can be placed on “Hold” at any time during the “create” or “change” process. This saves the transaction enabling the initiator to change, release for approval, or cancel at a later time. If a transaction is placed on “Hold”, the initiator must either complete and release for approval or cancel the transaction on “hold” before initiating another one for the same employee. One enters this transaction through the second sub-process, “Change Redistribution”.
At any time after entering data and in any of the sub-processes, you can also select four links:
Requested Change Link
(1) Requested Change – Replicates Changing Labor Distribution Tab
Should default existing cost distribution from IT9027. Changes to the existing distribution will be made here. The Initiator will enter “From” and “To” dates and cost distribution , wage type, and dollar amount for the time period. The cost percentage is automatically calculated for each distribution line once the amount is entered. Wage type is defaulted from base pay when the base pay record has only one payment (wage) type. Where there are multiple wage types in the base pay record, the user should be able to enter the respective wage type on separate line. The system should accept a total of 1000 lines of distribution for any single period.
Resulting Change Link
2) Resulting Change – System calculates and displays changes requested as debits and credits. Can be multiple pages based on distribution time period. Contains a validation for cumulative net-zero dollar entries.
Original Data Link
3) Original Data – Displays data as it appeared before changes were requested – base pay, labor distribution, and period review.
Explanation Notes Link
(4) Explanation Notes – three free text sections to insert explanation or comments as needed. The required explanation notes and standards for notes are the same as your current business process.
1. Funding Change – explanation required for C1 reason code (Administrative Error).
2. 90 Days Late – explanation required for transaction affecting a period more than 90 days prior to the document creation date.
3. User Comment- any comments initiator wishes to place with transaction.
Upon completion of the transaction, initiator releases for approval, which creates a pending record and triggers the workflow approval process. Payroll driver will not pick up 9027 until approved. The Initiator can run Z9027 Workflow Activity Report to see the status of Z9027 item.
The Z9027 Workflow Activity Report
The workflow process can consists of two approvals—department and sponsored-shared services—but requires at a minimum one approval—department. The system was built to use the data in the transaction to determine which of the two workflows to use. This can be viewed on the Eform screen by looking at the “category” of the transaction.