The Labor Distribution process is an enhanced SAP Payroll function for High Education and U.S. Public Sectors created by Feng Enterprise in additional to Labor distribution infotype (9027). The Payroll calculation process creates the posting documents to FI. The Labor Distribution process provides departments with employee payroll expense (salary and fringe benefits) detail to reconcile their accounts with the financial system and supports central business office reporting and compliance requirements.
The development of functionality to enable departments to submit changes to salary and cost distribution through workflow, and the ability to run individualized reports to reconcile salary and fringe benefit expenditures by account or payroll posting period, are a highly visible measure of success for High Education and U.S. Public Sectors.
The following is a typical list of labor distribution process and reporting requirements:
- Integration with SAP HR/Payroll and the SAP FI or other Financial System (such as Kuali Financial) to post payroll expenditures in summary.
- Provide detailed employee payroll expense (salary and fringe benefits) distribution data for all departments.
- Provide information for financial control reports (reconciliation of balance sheet activity).
- Provide the data for central fringe benefit calculations and reporting.
- Automatically calculate retroactive fund transfers to salary and hourly records.
- Automatically calculate fringe benefits due to salary expense transfer.
- Distribute fringe benefit costs to the same accounts as salary funding (prorated or retroactive basis), or redirect fringe costs to another account according account chargeability rules.
- Validation on funding distribution to determine if accounts are active.
- Ability to support academic year (AY) accrual accounting to reflect salary and fringe benefit expenditures on accounts over the contract period but disbursement of pay over 12 months.
- If decided, automatically replace any invalid account with valid departmental “default” account on employee labor distribution (to prevent payroll errors).
- Report should be available on the web in a downloadable file format for central administration and departmental use.
To meet labor distribution process requirements, following are created by Feng Enterprise
- A user-friendly custom infotype (IT9027) which combines functionality for employee salary and funding sources into one infotytype
- Z-Transaction screen (Z9027) for payroll cost transfer with workflow, in SAP HR/Payroll to enable departments to directly change and update employee salary and funding distribution master data records
- ABAP labor distribution report in SAP HR/Payroll to provide departments with the means to reconcile salary and fringe benefit expenditures by account, at the employee detail level. The report can be access through a web portal to run real time (once payroll runs), individualized reports by account or payroll posting period.
By using SAP HR/Payroll, with its integrated logic and effective dating, labor distribution process requirements will be met as follows:
- Using standard functionality in SAP, retroactive adjustments to employee salary or cost distribution, on activated financial accounts, will occur.
- Departments will have the ability to make adjustments to employee master data salary and funding changes using the custom developed Z9027 transaction screen (with workflow for approval) in the SAP HR/Payroll system.
- Employee master data history is permanently stored in SAP HR/Payroll. History will be visible to departments in transaction screen Z9027 for salary employees.
- Fringe benefit recalculations, due to salary expense transfers, will be accurately calculated.
- Account validation will occur in real time when employee master data is updated.
- Account validation (and permissibility) will occur in real time at the data entry level of time (CATS) for hourly employees.
- Current and retroactively calculated payroll records and accounting records will be synchronized.
- ABAP customized labor distribution reports will be available, via the web portal, and departments can customize their reports by pay period, fiscal year quarter, or any other date parameter.
Most Universities require a user-friendly custom infotype (IT9027) which combines functionality for employee salary and funding sources into one ...
A new custom transaction ( Z9027) was designed and developed to use when there is a need to change (prospectively ...
This enhanced labor distribution report is needed to meet most universities and state and local governments’ requirements to provide departments ...
Feng Enterprise Solutions worked with University of Tennessee to build an integrated web-based effort certification system in SAP HCM ...